Wednesday, October 16, 2013

How I Organize a Small Bedroom

I've had problems with my youngest daughter's room for years. It is the smallest and she has the most stuff.  I've tried to control the clutter with a few tricks.

First, she has had this bookshelf/toybox which was a bit babyish. It holds a lot of stuff, but she is 9 now and didn't want it anymore. Plus all the toys in the bottom would get lost or buried under the rest of the stuff. Basically, you couldn't find what you were looking for unless you emptied it all out.


So in my searches for a solution I came across this really great shelving unit at Target for $39.99. It matches the rest of the furniture in her room. Plus it can grow with her or can be used in other parts of the home if she no longer wants it.


Right now she stores some dolls, Legos, books and more in her shelving unit, but in the future she can keep her books, craft supplies, clothes or whatever. It's very versatile.

Utilizing a loft bed was one way I managed to create more space in a small room and control the clutter in her bedroom.   I purchased a junior loft bed that wasn't so high off the ground and then stored lots of stuff underneath. Then I concealed the stuff with cute little curtains, so no one can see all her stuff.



Another organizational quick fix I made was hang little hooks to store all her necklaces on. She has a lot of necklaces that she likes to wear. I decided to hang them up near her dresser and mirror so she could try them on as she's getting dressed.


Lastly I used a over the door shoe container to keep all her shoes off the floor and out of the way. It's an easy dollar store fix and saves lots of space. The over the door containers can also be used for dolls, hair accessories, socks, jewelry, little toy cars and lots, lots more.

These are just a few of the ways I organize a small bedroom. What are your favorite ways?

No comments: