Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Can't Afford NutriSystem or Weight Watchers?


Well I sure can't!
 
We've all seen the commercials and thought I'd love to look like that person. But, the cost of NutriSystem is about $10 a day and Weight Watchers is approximately $10-$13 a week. I'm trying to lose weight off my body not out of my wallet. I understand these companies are trying to help people, but some people like me) simply cannot afford them.

Don't get me wrong I've used Weight Watchers and had amazing success. Back in 2010 I used Weight Watchers Online to lose over 50 lb, but after a year on the program I couldn't afford to continue. I had to stop the program when I was just 5 pounds short of my goal. So I am not saying not to use Weight Watchers or NutriSystem, but if you cannot financially afford to - try the options below.

I've searched the web for help and these are a couple options I found.

Sparkpeople.com
They offer all the best of Weight Watchers Online and Ediets.com but for free. Yes actually FREE. Registration is free and they don't try to sell food or nutritional supplements. Sparkpeople.com gives you access to a daily/weekly food dairy and exercise log, great recipes, lots of support via online forums, articles, exercise suggestions and all of it is printable. It will keep track of your progress for you and even offer suggestions. All this plus no meetings or embarrassing weigh-ins. It can be done from the privacy of your own home at your convenience. * Note they do charge a fee for the mobile app but online is free.

LoseIt.com
This is an app that is free for iPhones, iPad, iPod, Android devices and even online. It works the same as Weight Watchers Mobile App. The difference is there are no point values for the food and activities to figure out only calories. I love the fact that it is on my phone and I can access the information from anywhere. I can check the calorie count of any food, or see how many calories I have left for the remainder of the day.

MyFitnessPal.com
This is another wonderful app for your phone or online. This one has a huge database of foods and activity information. That means less you will have to enter yourself which comes in handy when you are out and about. Though I found this one not as user friendly - sometimes you need to hunt for stuff you are looking for (ex. settings, change goals, etc.)

These are three applications/programs that are offered fre*e of charge and each are slightly different. What works for one person may not work for another - so check out all three and see which one works best for you.

No comments: