Saturday, June 02, 2007

Better Safe Than Sorry!

I came across a great site http://www.backwoodshome.com. I don't know about you, but I've always been the type of person who likes to be prepared for almost anything. Since I live about 200 yards from the water I try to have a disaster kit ready. Yes we even have a stash that has extra can goods, toiletries, etc. that could be used in an emergency and that is ready to go in a moments notice. Last month we purchased a whole house generator, so we won't be without power during storms. We were without power for 5 days over the winter. Let me tell you our house got down to 23 degrees at night. It was not fun! Anyways, this site tells you simple ways to get prepared for emergencies. FEMA has said individuals need to have a disaster plan ready. Visit their site at http://www.fema.gov/areyouready/. We've seen from Hurricane Katrina that it could be days before the government can get help to the affected areas. I'm not taking any chances with my family's health and well-being.

Well so long for now!

No comments: