Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Week of Thankfulness - Day 3

Today I want to say how thankful I am for my hubby, his job and lots and lots of patience.

My hubby decided shortly after we met that he wanted to learn a trade. He was already working for a private company as a plumber's apprentice, but he worked all hours of the day and night and had to carry a beeper on the weekends.  He took a big pay cut to start off in a local union's plumbing apprenticeship school. Little did we know that this one decision would make such a big financial difference in our lives.

Through his apprenticeship he earned small raises each year and when my daughter was born we decided I should stay home to raise her.  Finances have always been tight but we are okay with that. We appreciate everything we have been given.

My hubby and I are very thankful for his current employer. He has worked for many companies over the years, but really lucked out with his current one. They trained him to work in their drafting department when he could no longer work in the field because of medical issues.

I'm also extremely thankful for the lots and lots of patience I was given today.

I'm sure I don't need to remind anyone that tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Well Wednesdays are our usual grocery shopping day and because Thanksgiving is tomorrow all the stores were extremely crowded. Like crazy crowded and I don't do well in crowds.

I'm used to shopping with a bunch of older folks and a few stay at home moms. Today it looked like the Black Friday ads on TV with lines and lines of people. Where did all these people come from???

Anyways, my kids who don't enjoy shopping at all were very good. Not a lot of complaining, bickering or arguing. I was thrilled to say the least.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: