Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Week of Thankfulness - Day 2 Thankful for the Mess

Today I'm very thankful for my messy house.

Yep, I said that.

I'm thankful to have a sink full of dirty dishes, piles of laundry, and even rooms to clean up.

No, I didn't go crazy and yes I do work to keep it clean.

When I see a sink full of dirty dishes that means I had food to feed my family. Hopefully something nutritious, delicious and filling.

When there are piles of laundry to be washed I know I have a house full of people who need me. They don't just need my help cleaning their clothes, but they need me to teach them how to be an independent person when they grow up. 

So yes, I'm thankful for the messes my family makes, because it means that I have people who still need me, as their wife or mom.

I love that I'm needed because I know someday soon I won't be. That's the job of a parent - raise your children so they are happy, productive human beings that don't need you but hopefully still love and want you.

What are you thankful for today?
"It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings. "  ~  Ann Landers

No comments: