Monday, September 09, 2013

How to Clean Your Kitchen Cabinets


I'm a bit embarrassed to admit, but I haven't cleaned my kitchen cabinets in years. It's one of those things I kept putting off and putting off and somehow a couple years have past. It's sort of like the space behind the stove or under the refrigerator. I just forget about it. Out of sight - out of mind.

Don't get me wrong I clean up an spills, stains, etc., but to scrub every cabinet front - it's been a while. It took me about 2 hours to clean every cabinet in my kitchen and I don't have a big kitchen either. Now that it's done it looks fantastic and I feel proud that I'm taking care of my home.

I wanted to share what I use to clean my cabinets, because, if your like me, you want to keep your home clean, but don't want use anything that might remove the finish or damage the wood in any way.

The solution I use is really, really easy and inexpensive. I use 1 part white vinegar and 2 parts warm water. Really. That's all.

Either spray it on to the cabinets directly or fill a bucket or sink with the solution.  Then scrub with a rag and wipe dry with a clean cloth. 

It manages to get all the crud and grease off the cabinets which is pretty amazing because we cook in our kitchen everyday.

Don't get me wrong, you still need to scrub, but it comes off pretty quick using the vinegar/water solution.  Now my cabinets shine and look almost like new which is pretty good for them being over 10 years old.

If you use something different please leave a comment. I'd love to hear what work for you.

No comments: