Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Kate Middleton's Post Baby Wardrobe

(photo: Michael Middleton)

Okay so I don't usually comment on pop culture stuff, but I had to send kudos to Kate Middleton for this latest "news".

Prince William and Kate Middleton posed with their new bundle of joy and Kate was wearing her maternity clothes.  A couple weeks after the baby was born.  Say it isn't so. LOL!

I applaud Kate Middleton because she didn't give in to the pressures of the media. I feel it makes her seem more relate able.  More like a normal mom and less like a celebrity who has fitness trainers, nannies, chefs, etc. (Though she may have all three).

This is only news because some newspapers and television outlets try to pressure celebrity moms  to feel as though they need to have their pre-baby bodies back within days after having their baby.  Plus they seem to negatively highlight any weight gain while pregnant. I feel as long as the mom and baby are healthy and their doctor isn't concerned - it's none of the public's business.

I've known many moms and very few has been able to slip right back into their pre-baby clothes. To me that's normal. Though I don't know a mom who wouldn't mind magically being thinner after giving birth.

Many moms stay physically active throughout their entire pregnancy, but still cannot fit into their pre-baby clothes. Your body can change shape after you've been pregnant. Hips can become wider, a small stomach where there wasn't one before, even a bigger or smaller bust.

I was always told it took 9 months for your body to get ready to have the baby and will probably take 9 months before it returns to "normal". That normal may or may not be the same as before.

I don't know about you, but my doctor said not to exercise my stomach muscles for week 4-6 after delivery. Normally your doctor can recommend some gentle exercises like walking or yoga to help you stay healthy, but I was told sit-ups, crunches, etc were off limits.

Remember every person is different and every pregnancy is different.

No comments: