Thursday, June 06, 2013

My Garden is Finally In

A little late, but my vegetable garden is finally in. It's not as large as I usually have, but I'm happy with it.

Each year I plant a garden. Nothing terribly big, but I grows enough to feed our family of 5 with plenty to can for the winter. That saves us big bucks on veggies throughout the year.

This year I have 5 tomato plants (Early Girls), 4 hot banana pepper plants, 1 sweet banana pepper, 3 cucumber plants (Boston Pickling), 2 green pepper plants, and an assortment of seeds that will hopefully grow.


I chose a really sunny spot. It gets full sun from 11:00 a.m. till 4:00 p.m. Sorry for the crappy photo - you really can't see much from that distance, so I took some close-ups.


In the back row along the lattice are my tomatoes and in the front are my cucumbers. My youngest is really hoping for lots of little cucumbers to make into pickles.


On this side I planted all the different types of peppers. The blank spots are where the seeds are planted. I even planted my daughter's lima bean seeds from her plants from school. You can read that post here.

Here's hoping I will have lots and lots of canning to do this summer. I can't wait :)


No comments: