Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Our Little Bundle of Joy

We have a new addition to our family. He arrived this weekend and boy is he a handful!

Meet Gizmo


My cousin's cat had a litter of kittens and we were able to choose one. He's just over 8 weeks old and adorable.

This little guy is a bundle of energy. Awake for 2 hours and then sleep for 20 minutes. That seems to be his routine. It is almost like having another human baby in the house.  He's up at night, sleeps during the day, and the whole house needs baby-proofing.

He's very friendly, not afraid of our dogs (mixed breed rescues) and really wants to play with my "Little Romeo" who's a 15 year old male cat. Unfortunately, it will take a little while for my older cat to warm up to a young, hyper kitten.

Gizmo has already taken to my oldest daughter (13 year old). She's more calm and patient. My youngest kid (8 year old) on the other hand is a little fearful. Gizmo darts around and has some sharp little claws.

So keep an eye out for him in future blog post photos. Not to mention funny stories. I'm sure there will be plenty.

No comments: