Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Five Years Left to Live

Photo Source: http://car-pe-di-em.tumblr.com/post/7280696451

No I'm not dying. One of my friends on Facebook asked "What would you do if you only had 5 years to live?" and it really made me think.

At first I thought I will probably feel really depressed. The whole "Why Me?" pity party would take over for a while.

I would want to spend time with my family. Reading to my kids. Special dates with my hubby. Do fun things to make wonderful memories for them.

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

No one knows the exact day or time when they will die. 

No one is promised tomorrow.

I don't want to be lying on my deathbed someday full of regret thinking I really should have spent more time with my family. I should have actually listened to all my kids stories. Played more. Had fun more. Do what I've always dreamed of doing with my life.

I don't want a "Should have...." life. You shouldn't either.

Decide to live each day like it's your last. Plan to go full steam ahead on making this life the most amazing, love-filled, perfect life for you.

It's your life - not someone else's to dictate. Enjoy yourself. Celebrate it. Have fun!!!

How will your loved ones remember you? Just something to think about.

"Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
 Bil Keane

No comments: