Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Socks and Sensory Issues - Solved

As I mentioned yesterday my youngest has a problem with wearing socks. She really can't stand the seams. Even when we turn them inside out or use the seamless kind. Nothing was working.

So yesterday I tried something new. I really didn't think it would work, but go figure - it did!

Toe Socks!!!

I was looking at the pic I used yesterday of my older daughter wearing her fave toe socks and figured what the heck! Let's give them a try.

Well it worked and today she even wore a pair of her sister's socks to school - no complaining whatsoever.

The only reason I can see that this works is because there is no seam across the toe. It's a bit lower and not nearly as thick across the base of the toes.

Just something to try if you child has sensory issues like my youngest does.


I found these are a local FiveBelow which I'm hoping will fit her. They were the only store that sold them in our area at the moment.


No comments: