Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Register to Vote


Don't forget to register to vote. The deadline here in Maryland is 9 p.m. tonight. Don't worry - you can now register online.

I'm not going to tell you who to vote for - just to make sure you do in fact vote.

Many people don't vote because they don't know who to vote for.  Others think their votes don't count. I'm here to tell you they definitely count on the issues and on the local votes. It's not just the presidential elections. There are elections for your local delegates, senators and issues concerning your state and county.

Just to help anyone out there, here's what I do. When I get my paper ballot in the mail I sit down when I have a free afternoon. Then I go through each question on the ballot and read up as much as I can.

I also "google" each person running for an office to find out who they are and what they believe in. If nothing turns up on the "google" search  than they don't get my vote. I feel they aren't serious enough for the job if they can't take the little bit of time to start up a blog/website/Facebook/something and type up a paragraph saying what they believe and why they are running.

A little bit of research and you will have a better idea of who the people are.

Get out there and vote. Make your voice heard!

No comments: