I've come up with a couple treats you can hand out that aren't going to give the kids (or parents) a sugar rush.
Here are some alternatives to commonly handed out candies.
* Temporary tattoos
* Stickers or sticker sheets
* Glow sticks, bracelets or necklaces
* Spider Rings or bats, skulls, etc
* Pencils - Halloween themed or another theme
* Erasers - again Halloween themed or just fun designs
* Plastic teeth - vampire teeth usually
* Self-inking mini stampers
* Bouncy balls
* Packs of mini crayons, markers or color pencils
* Slime or goop
* Mini containers of bubbles - check wedding section of craft stores
* Small craft projects
Also consider giving out the following. The kids still get a treat and sometimes it's healthier.
* McDonald's coupons - 12 coupons including 4 ice cream cones, 4 apple slices, 4 milk/juice for $1
* Wendy's Jr Frosty coupons - get 10 coupons for $1
One place to check for inexpensive items like this is Oriental Trading Company. They have tons of cute stuff. Check them out.
*By the way this isn't an affiliate link and I make no money from promoting them.