Friday, September 10, 2010

Food Lovin Friday - Be A Star Birthday Cake

My youngest had her birthday party last Saturday. Her party theme was Toy Story, so I decided to buy a Wilton star shaped cake pan.

I had intended to decorate the cake as a sheriff badge, like "Sheriff Woody" only "Sheriff Jenny". The only problem was the birthday girl insisted on having chocolate icing.

We ended up using a yellow confetti cake mix and chocolate icing with confetti sprinkles around the edges. It tasted delicious, but was a little awkward to cut. I also took a piece of cardboard the comes under pizzas, cleaned it and covered it with aluminum foil to put the cake on.

We had 8 cute little kids over last weekend and plan to have 5 little guys over this weekend. Stay tuned next week for my son's Pokemon Ball Cake.

Enjoy your weekend.

No comments: