As a stay-at-home-mom living on one income I find it hard to help out my fellow man. I don't make any money to donate to my favorite charities. I don't have a lot of time free (without kids) to volunteer places. So here are a couple ways we as stay-at-home-moms can help out.
1. Volunteer at schools - this is of course once your kids are in school or preschool. You can help out coping forms, help the teacher with individual work, not to mention field trips.
2. Volunteer at church - I don't just mean in the nursery. Fundraisers, soup kitchens, etc.
3. Help out the elderly in your community - Run errands for them such as picking up items from the grocery store or pharmacy. Visiting with them is another way to help out by making sure they are healthy or just having someone to talk with can make all the difference.
4. Of course there is babysitting. This is something you can do with your children present. We call them playdates.
5. Pitch in at sporting events - agree to bring in the team snack or drinks, help with fundraising ideas, or even sign up to wash the uniforms.
There are lots of ways moms can help give back to a community. Can you think of any others?