With a family of 5 to clothe I am always doing laundry. There's always towels, clothes, or linens that need washing.
Here are a couple of my favorite tips regarding laundry.
1. Add 1/4 cup of vinegar to the washer during the rinse cycle to remove smells. This works really great to get smoke smell out of your clothes.
2. Spray stains ASAP with a pre-treater. It doesn't matter what kind you use as long as you spray one on the stain at the earliest convenience. Also, I use a spray bottle filled with hydrogen peroxide to spray on blood stains. I don't know the science as to why it works, but it does work as long as you wash it immediately. Washing without the hydrogen peroxide doesn't always work.
3. Keep everything within reach. Keep your detergent, fabric softener and your laundry basket or container handy. You won't forget the fabric softener if it's sitting on the dry next to the timer or the on switch.
4. Once the load is done in the dryer immediately take it out, fold the items up and them put them away. This way you won't have clothes piled up all over the house and clothes and linens don't get wrinkled.
5. Either designate one day to do all the washing or do one or two loads each day. Let's face it families with babies or small children will probably need to wash every day or every couple days because of spit ups or accidents. The point is not to get overwhelmed by the task. I usually do laundry on the weekends, but there always seems to be the need for a load done during the week.
These are just a few of the things I do every week to ensure my kids and hubby always have clean clothes and bed linens.