Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Enjoying Everday Life

I've spent a lot of time thinking lately and have come to the realization that I'm not enjoying my life. Don't get me wrong it's not bad - just not exciting or fun. I found myself constantly thinking of the future. Daydreaming about times in the future when life would be better, more fun, or less stressful. I was always waiting for those better times to come, but they rarely did. I needed a change! I needed to change my perspective - my outlook on life. I needed to focus on today and what I could do today to make my life better.


"Today is a gift that's why it's called the present."


My new motto is to enjoy the little things in life. Slow down. Enjoy everyday life.

Well today I had a lot of chores to do like washing the dishes and clean my house, so I turned on some music and danced and sang while I was cleaning. I had a blast and time flew by plus I even burned a couple calories!

Later on tonight I plan to take my kids to my oldest daughter's violin recital. Yes, I will be bringing the earplugs. Plus I will be bringing something quiet for my other kids to play with such as a doll, small toy, or book because I've learned from experience that kids get bored easily. This way everyone has a better time because the kids are busy and I can watch my daughter perform.

Join me. Slow down and focus on the small stuff today. Remember it won't last long. Kids grow up so fast, people leave, and situations change. Enjoy this moment.

No comments: