Monday, December 07, 2009

Little Nightmares

My littlest one had some pretty weird dreams the other night. She woke up around 3 a.m., went to our craft cabinet, got the scissors and proceeded to cut holes in her bedspread. She thought her brother's stuffed animal was lost under her covers and was trying to save him.


There were lumps in her comforter from washing it so many time that the stuffing bunched up a little bit. She must have thought that was the stuffed animal. She was only using safety scissors and managed to cut all the way through to the sheets. Ugh!


This was a first for our family. None of my kids even tried to cut their own hair. I guess it's pretty common though, just like sleep walking or talking in your sleep. My little on was just having a bad dream. This is one of the funny (odd) things I'll remember when she's older. :)

The lesson I learned was to keep the scissors up higher - even the safety scissors. I probably should keep the markers up higher also, but that's another story. :)

No comments: