Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Walmart Savings Catcher


I want to share my latest obsession. The Walmart Savings Catcher.

You may have seen the commercials on TV.  That's how I found out about the app.

It's super simple. You download the app. I used the app store on my iPhone. It's fr^ee to purchase. Once it's installed you simply scan your Walmart receipt. That's it. You wait for the app to check the current prices of your items at a bunch of different stores. Once the scan is done, you receive a message saying how much money you are getting back. Done.

I really like this app, my only issue with the app is that it takes soooooo long for it to scan. I mean 3-4 days! It's constantly running in the background on your phone - could potentially drain your battery.

But hey they are giving you money back, so who cares that it takes a couple days.

I've only entered 5 receipts and already have a balance of $3.37. It may not seem like a lot, but I don't purchase a lot of stuff each week from there. Plus it only took me about 5 minutes of my time.


I plan to save all the money up and cash it in around Christmas time. The app lets you get your savings money whenever you wish in the form of an electronic gift card which you can take to your local store. It will let you accumulate your savings up to $599.99 a calendar year.

This is ideally for a person/family who purchases food items because they don't include many household, sporting and general merchandise. It does include name brand foods, paper towels, toilet paper, make-up, shampoo and such. It only works with in-store purchases. Not online purchases which suits me just fine.

Try it out and see how much you will save.

Happy shopping!






* This is not a paid advertisement. I haven't been compensated in any way for sharing this. It is solely my opinion. *

No comments: