Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Weight Watchers 360 Update


I just wanted to add an update about how I'm doing using Weight Watchers 360. I'm no longer on my trial, so this is on my own dime now.  To be honest, that works better for me because then I have something to lose if I don't actually lose weight. Namely there is money on the line. My money!

I'm going on month #4, but to tell you the truth I was having a really difficult time staying motivated.  Honestly I stopped using W.W. for a couple weeks and boy have I noticed it in my clothes. 

So....I back on Weight Watchers and with renewed enthusiasm.  It's really like when I started Weight Watchers back in 2010 when I lost 50+ pounds. I'm really ready to stick with this for the long haul.

This week I managed to lose 4 pounds this week.  I stayed within my points and even splurged (within my points of course).

I'm kinda strange maybe in that I love salads. I'm not a fan of the individual salad ingredients by themselves, but I really enjoy them all mixed together.  However, one thing I've noticed is when I eat more salads and greens the veins in my legs start to ache. See my family has a history of poor veins in our legs and blood clots.

Then it hit me.

My hubby is on a couple types of blood thinners (Warfarin/Coumadin and aspirin regime). One of the first things his doctor told him was that there are certain foods to avoid in large quantities.  Namely dark green leafy vegetables.

The problem with eating a bunch of these foods is they vitamin K and large quantities thicken your blood and potentially could cause blood clots. Which is probably what was happening with my legs.

There are other foods beside dark green leafy vegetables that thicken your blood, but when most people think of diets, salads are one of the first thing to pop in their head. It's especially tempting on  Weight Watchers because lettuce is 0 points.

Don't get me wrong I am not suggesting you avoid salads or greens, but the key is moderation.

If your goal is to lose weight it's really important to meet with your doctor and discuss your history and your plans for losing weight. 

Remember to shoot for a nice variety of foods to insure you get the right amount of vitamins and nutrients to keep you healthy.  Eat all the colors of the rainbow.

Supporting Links
http://www.livestrong.com/article/537528-can-lettuce-thicken-your-blood/
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/warfarin/AN00455
http://www.choosemyplate.gov/

No comments: