Monday, September 30, 2013

Conquering Your Fears

Will you do what needs to be done, even if your are afraid? What if there was no one to help you? What if your kids depended on you?

Okay enough of the dramatics. LOL!

We've all been there.  
 
A creepy bug is climbing the wall of your shower and you're afraid of spiders.
Replace a high up light bulb when you're terrified of heights.
Conquer your fear of maggots on the trash can when you just want to get sick.

It doesn't matter whether you are married, dating someone, living with family or you live alone, at some point you will need to do something that really frightens you. It won't go away just because you don't like it. You won't be able to get someone else to help you every single time.

I've had to do all the things listed above this past week and I was a bit freaked out by them, but I still did them. 
 
I had to climb into my attic to put some summer clothes away in storage and noticed 4 little bats hanging by my attic vent.  It had climbed through the slats in the vent and was hanging on the screen just inside.  

I'm not afraid of bats, I just don't want them in my house. Luckily, they were on the outside of the screen and couldn't get in.


At the time, I was home alone with all my kids in school, so I was the only one home to investigate where the bats were. My hubby wouldn't be home for a few hours. By the time he could get home it would be too dark and the bats probably gone to hunt for food. But I didn't want them to come into the main part of the house and fly around.
 
We don't necessarily live in the country, but I've had to deal with a lizard, frogs, lots of camel crickets and too many bugs to count. All while my hubby was at work.

 
What would you do if you were home alone and HAD to do something that frightened you?

No comments: