Monday, July 08, 2013

Get Your Family Ready Now

I'm not really an alarmist, but all you need to do is watch the nightly news to see the world is going crazy. There is extreme weather, rioting in the streets, financial turmoil and more.

You may live in an area of the world not yet affected by any of these, but it's only a matter of time. Let's face it - there are problems everywhere. The popular saying: "The End of The World As You Know It" doesn't have to be an earth changing event for everyone - just YOU.

I've always been the type of person who feels the need to be prepared. Prepared to keep my family fed, safe and protected.

Here's what I believe. I try my best to create a stockpile of food and water (aka our pantry) for my family. My hubby has gone months where he's was on reduced work schedule and we didn't have money for lots of food. We used our pantry to get us through those times and then in good times we restock.

We also own a couple guns and we know how to use them. These are for hunting and protection.
 
Some situations, such as flooding, fires, etc., require you to leave your home for a safer location. Be prepared with a place to go that is out of your immediate area. We have family that live somewhat close and others that live outside our state completely.

I just want to encourage you to start thinking about ways to get your family prepared for emergencies in your life.

Don't think that anything could happen to you? Watch the video below. (That video only covers June 2013. There is one for almost every month for at least a year or two.)

Stay tuned for regular updates and tips on how to help you protect/prepare your family on a budget.


No comments: