Monday, June 24, 2013

The Downside of Using Free Blog Templates

This has been a really rough weekend. My phone broke, the television broke and my template for my blog disappeared. Yep...completely disappeared!

The downside of using free blog templates is that the owners of the image can remove them from the web and you, in turn, your blog. Usually with no notice to the users. I know there's an easy solution to the problem. Buy a custom or pre-made background or template.

There's one thing with pre-made blogs and templates - you need money to buy them. They cost anywhere from $35 to over $200 and that just isn't in the budget right now.

Don't get me wrong I would love, love, love a blog design of my own. It's one of my long-term goals for this blog.

Sorry for the complaining!  On to something a bit more productive and useful.

So ... here are a couple really great sites that offer free blog background in case you are in the market for one.

TheCutestBlogOnTheBlock.com
HotBliggityBlog.com
ShabbyBlogs.com
LeeLou-Blogs.com

I would personally recommend using a background where you download the image to your computer and upload to your blog. I don't recommend having the image hosted somewhere else for the simple reason listed above.

Well bye for now. Have a nice evening and see you tomorrow!


No comments: