Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Are You Just a Mom?

Lately, I've gotten the feeling that being a mom isn't enough. How many of you have ever been asked what you do for a living and once you said you are a mom the person quickly ended the conversation? Like they were thinking - Oh so you don't work!

I was getting the feeling I need to work outside the home, care for my kids, hubby and home, and an endless number of other things in order to be valued as a person.

Just out of curiosity I googled "Is being just a mom enough?" and ran across this great video. It's was just what I needed and I hope it helps some of you also.


Let's face it we as moms are responsible for teaching our kids to become responsible, respectable, caring, and intelligent people. We are in charge of keeping our homes running smoothly, making sure everyone has clean clothes to wear, food to eat, homework done correctly, and pets are fed and cared for - just to name a few.

I'd say that's a pretty important job!

No comments: