Sunday, October 28, 2012

Waiting for the Storm

Hurricane Sandy looks like it will travel right over us here in Maryland starting tonight and into tomorrow.

The hubby and I are as prepared as we can be. We've tied everything down, brought it inside and made sure all our gutters and drains are cleared. Now we wait.

We are planning on not having internet for a couple days due to power outages. We will have power via an awesome whole house generator we purchased about 5 years ago. After a couple winter storms knocked out our power we decided the generator was a necessity. No heat and no water for toilets just wasn't an option when it's 20 degrees inside.

This storm is calling for high winds, and lots of rain. Thank God it's going to stay relatively warm (50's) and no snow is likely where we live. Our relatives in West Virginia are expecting a foot or two.
I'm not envious!

So anyways...I will try to post at least pictures via email over the next couple days to keep everyone updated. I'm trying to stay consistent with my posts every Monday through Friday.  I'm hoping Mother Nature will be kind and let me keep posting. We shall see.

Stay safe everyone in the Northeast part of the US, follow the evacuation orders for your area, be careful and stay tuned to the weather.

No comments: