Saturday, January 17, 2009

Great Find at KB Toy Store


I found this plastic sled at KB Toys for $1.49 originally $5.99. While it would work just fine as a sled, I plan to use it for collecting leaves in the fall. If you've ever had to rake leaves by yourself you know it's a little difficult to hold a lawn and leaf bag open and put leaves inside at the same time. Well, a friend let me borrow his plastic sled this fall and here's what he told me.

Unroll the sled a little and slip it into the lawn and leaf bag. Make as large of a circle as you can with the sled and use clips to hold it in position. The sled holds the bag upright and open. Simply drop the leaves in and pull the sled out when the bag is full.

It sounds really simple and it is, but it cut my raking time in half. Try it and see for yourself.

No comments: