Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Halloween Is Almost Here

Well it's almost that time. When many of us dress up in costumes and go door-to-door trick-or-treating with our kids. I happen to love this holiday and have very fond memories of it from my youth. I can only hope my kids will feel the same.

My daughter plans on dressing up as The Little Mermaid, Ariel; my son as Darth Vader; and my littlest girl as a cat. They are counting down the days. There is a parade scheduled at the elementary school and then trick-or-treating at my in-laws. There aren't many kids in our neighborhood, and not many houses that participate. I remember in our old neighborhood we easily had 150 kids visit us each Halloween - now we're lucky to get 5. Which is why we go to my in-laws' house were there are lots of kids.

To me Halloween is about using your imagination and creativity. Trying to scare or out-do your friends with the most original costume. All in the name of fun of course. A simple search online and you will find all kinds of unique costumes. Some of my favorites are: a can of soup and box of crackers (thanks to my mom), a clothes washer, an alien in a space craft, a cowboy on a horse. Just to name a few. Lots of costumes can be made from a sheet, box, some craft foam and paints. You don't even need to be that creative or talented. I know this for a fact.

Use your imagination! Have fun and God Bless!

No comments: